Moving2Green is a transportation industry program to heighten awareness internally and externally of the impact of business on the environment. Moving2Green sets forth defined initiatives to reduce our impact. By targeting key areas of environmental awareness, Moving2Green provides the framework for all of us to take action and reduce our carbon footprint. The name “Moving2Green” reflects the continuous process of “moving” toward the objective of lessening our impact on the environment. As we achieve our goals and change our behavior, new goals must be set, behavior changed and strategy enhanced so that we are continuously improving and Moving2Green.
Key Areas of Environmental Awareness
- Internal Use and Water Reduction
- Re-Use and Recycling Program
- Building and Facility Energy Efficiency and Reduction
- Vehicle Fuel Efficiency and Carbon Reduction
- Employee Education
Air Van is committed to working with our employees, suppliers, affiliates, customers and community to:
- Recognize how our business impacts the environment.
- Establish objectives and goals to reduce our environmental impact.
- Partner with customers, suppliers and affiliates to assist them in improving their environmental performance.
- Incorporate the environment as an element of our company’s culture through our Moving2Green initiative.
- Report on our performance through management reviews or our program’s results.
- Work for continual improvement on our efforts toward sustainability and environmental awareness.
- Comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements.